Tuesday, June 30, 2015

New background technique.

Hi gorgeous,

I have a new background technique for you today. Experimenting is sooo much fun. Making videos is fun, but I'm far from a pro at that. My equipment is not great, but I do the best I can with what I've got. It's better to share new exciting things than to strive for perfection in everything. Art often happens by accident, doesn't it?

I have been on a high when it comes to producing art lately. It seems to go in cycles, and I welcome the wave when it comes to sweep me away! 

My latest technique involves acrylic paints, water, alcohol, and salt. Yes, you read that right. Salt makes cool patterns in the paint.

I made this video using an old painting I painted in 2004 as inspiration, a star angel. She sends out the stars into the night sky.

Click here to access the link to the video.


Art journaling has become a real obsession for me. It is so much fun and you can try all kinds of new techniques and ideas without ruining an expensive canvas. Speaking of canvases, I did finish a mixed media piece as well last week. 


Broken Dreams 12x12"

Portraits are always a challenge, but fun to paint. Every face has its own expression.

What are you working on lately? I would love to hear about it.

xo

Maria

P.S.  I have a free motivational e-course on how to get unstuck creatively. If you feel stuck, try it. Learn something new and get excited again! CLICK HERE.

You can also sign up for my newsletter HERE.


No comments: