Friday, July 25, 2014

She is finished!

That could mean a lot of things, lol, but in this case it means I finished a project dear to my heart, my STARGIRL.  I had wanted to offer a free tutorial for some time to help build my email list, so that I can stay in better contact with those who love my art.  Mixed media is something everyone can do and enjoy with wild abandon!  I think the whole thing about being in artist is to inspire others to develop their own creativity.  There is an artist in everyone, naysayers included.
Here she is.  What do you think?


I also finished another mixed media project, so different in style.  This one has a more meditative feel.


Which style do you prefer?  Anyway, go download your tutorial and post some pictures in the comments, or on my FB page: HERE

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I am new to you, I found your post and tutorial on 'Iris Impressions'. Being totally rubbish at this collage lark but wanting to learn I am working on your tutorial thank you, first in my journal but I have started a canvas too. I do not know how to post a picture here but will do a blog post and leave a link when I am done.

Maria said...

Hi Lynda, thank you for stopping by and downloading the tutorial. The picture does not have to be "perfect" to hold your intent and energy! Every piece is unique. People on my classes love these kinds of layered collages and every single person has managed to make one. None of them look the same, and it's just like us. We all have a different perspective. Please leave a link and I'll check out your collage when it's done. Thanks. :)

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Both pieces are great and I especially love your STARGIRL's curly red locks!

And yes … sharing the inspiration to create and grow is so nourishing to the creative soul!

Thanks a bunch, too, for posting to August heART! Hope to see more before the month is out!

Carol said...

I like then both but the second is my favorite. She speaks to me for some reason.I will go check out your tutorial ♥

Tammie Lee said...

these are both wonderful!
the first fun and joyful
the next made me sigh

Maria said...

Thank you Carol and Tammie Lee! :) I experiment a lot and work with several styles all at once. Crazy...I know, but that's how it goes.

Margik said...

Both pieces are wonderful and differents. I really love your original and amazing style. So glad I found your blog.
Mar

sheila 77 said...

I like your "StarGirl" very much, I like the complexity but also that it has clear focal points. Great use of colour too.
I like your second picture, but the first is my favourite type of painting.

Maria said...

Margik and Sheila77, thank you both for your kind comments. Every day I make some art. The day would be wasted if I didn't. :)